Welcome + Upcoming Events
WELCOME TO SAINT HERMAN'S !
Please check out our service schedule to the left for regular service times, and see below for upcoming special events.
Our services are in English and we welcome you to join us for worship.
Our community is a parish of the Orthodox Church in America (OCA), a part of the Archdiocese of Canada. We are a community made up of individuals and families of all ages and ethnicities. To learn more about the various ministries at St. Herman's, visit our parish life page
First Week of Lent: Evening Services at 6:30 pm
- Mon. March 11th & Tues Mar. 12th Great Canon of St. Andrew and confessions
- Wed. March 13th and Fri. March 15th PreSanctified Liturgy & Lenten Meal
- NO service on Thursday Mar. 14th
Additional March Events:
- Mon. Mar. 18th-- Sat. Mar 23rd: Fr. Lawrence & Dn. Zaccheus will be at the Calgary clergy Synaxis
- Wed. Mar 20th 6:30 pm Dn. Gregory Wright will serve the PreSanctified liturgy
- Friday Mar 22nd NO service
- Mon. Mar. 25th 6:30 pm Annunciation Vesperal liturgy and fish meal
- Wed. Mar. 27th NO service
- Fri. Mar. 29th PreSanctified Liturgy and lenten meal
- Remainder of Lent: Wed & Fri Presanctifieds with Lenten Meal EXCEPT Fri. April 12th
- Sat. April 13th Yard Cleanup Day
- Sat. April 20th Lazarus Saturday Children's Day and Altar Cleanup
- Sun. April 21st Palm Sunday Liturgy & Procession Fish meal after
Holy Week & Pascha April 22- 28
- 6:30 pm Mon & Tues Bridegroom Matins
- 6:30 pm Wed. PreSanctified
- 6:30 pm Thurs 12 Gospels
- 6:30 pm Fri. Shroud procession
- 9 AM Sat. Baptisms at liturgy of St. Basil
- 11:30 pm Sat. Paschal services followed by blessing of baskets and midnight feast
- NO MORNING SERVICE SUNDAY
- 4 pm Sunday Paschal vespers & parish BBQ
This Thursday June 28, the Apostles' Fast comes to a conclusion as we serve a Vesperal Liturgy at 7.00 pm to commemorate the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. Fr. Richard will preach. A festal meal will follow. Sts. Peter and Paul, so different in personality and varied in their evangelistic approach, are portrayed in the icon of the feast as united in their common love for the Church, which they uphold together in their hands. Their common love for their Lord transfigured their hearts and helped them transcend all their differences. Sts. Peter and Paul, pray to God for us!