Welcome + Upcoming Events
WELCOME TO SAINT HERMAN'S !
Please check out our service schedule to the left for regular service times, and see below for upcoming special events.
Our services are in English and we welcome you to join us for worship.
Our community is a parish of the Orthodox Church in America (OCA), a part of the Archdiocese of Canada. We are a community made up of individuals and families of all ages and ethnicities. To learn more about the various ministries at St. Herman's, visit our parish life page
First Week of Lent: Evening Services at 6:30 pm
- Mon. March 11th & Tues Mar. 12th Great Canon of St. Andrew and confessions
- Wed. March 13th and Fri. March 15th PreSanctified Liturgy & Lenten Meal
- NO service on Thursday Mar. 14th
Additional March Events:
- Mon. Mar. 18th-- Sat. Mar 23rd: Fr. Lawrence & Dn. Zaccheus will be at the Calgary clergy Synaxis
- Wed. Mar 20th 6:30 pm Dn. Gregory Wright will serve the PreSanctified liturgy
- Friday Mar 22nd NO service
- Mon. Mar. 25th 6:30 pm Annunciation Vesperal liturgy and fish meal
- Wed. Mar. 27th NO service
- Fri. Mar. 29th PreSanctified Liturgy and lenten meal
- Remainder of Lent: Wed & Fri Presanctifieds with Lenten Meal EXCEPT Fri. April 12th
- Sat. April 13th Yard Cleanup Day
- Sat. April 20th Lazarus Saturday Children's Day and Altar Cleanup
- Sun. April 21st Palm Sunday Liturgy & Procession Fish meal after
Holy Week & Pascha April 22- 28
- 6:30 pm Mon & Tues Bridegroom Matins
- 6:30 pm Wed. PreSanctified
- 6:30 pm Thurs 12 Gospels
- 6:30 pm Fri. Shroud procession
- 9 AM Sat. Baptisms at liturgy of St. Basil
- 11:30 pm Sat. Paschal services followed by blessing of baskets and midnight feast
- NO MORNING SERVICE SUNDAY
- 4 pm Sunday Paschal vespers & parish BBQ
This year we will celebrate Theophany with a morning Liturgy on Saturday January 6 at 9.00 am (note the earlier time), followed by the Great Blessing of Water. Please bring your bottles to obtain your own annual supply of Holy Water.
On the Sunday (January 7) following we will meet as usual at Derby Reach Park in Langley at 1.00 pm for the Blessing of the Fraser River.
A big thank you to Kristy D. and the parents of the children who participated in the Christmas Pageant this Sunday! It was a wonderful Christmas present from them to all the parish. For any who missed it (or would like to re-live it) a link to it can be found here.
- Saturday December 2, 11.00 am to 3.00 pm - Women's Quiet Day at the Gascoigne's in Chilliwack
- Wednesday December 6, 6.00 pm - St. Nicholas Day for the children
- Wednesday December 13, 6.30 pm - Great Vespers for the Feast of St. Herman
- Sunday December 24, immediately following the usual Sunday Liturgy - Children's Christmas skit in the nave
- Sunday December 24, 6.00 pm - Christmas Eve Vigil (note the earlier time)
- Monday December 25, 9.00 am - Christmas Day Liturgy (note the earlier time; also: NO meal following the Liturgy)
-Fr. Lawrence away from December 26 to Saturday December 30, returning for Vespers at Saturday 6.30 pm
-all fasting suspended from Christmas to the Eve of Theophany, Friday January 5